An e-catalogue is an electronic catalogue which is a web resource that provides information on products and services offered and then sold by a vendor supporting online ordering and payment capabilities. An electronic catalogue is an online publication, that is to say, a graphic interface generally an HTML page in which the products and services offered by a company are shown.
An e-catalogue or e-brochure is a resource that provides information on your products, services offered or your companies corporate profile. This can then be digitally shared and distributed simply in the form of a readable and downloadable e-book or catalogue on your website. They are a digital representation of a company and is a powerful e-commerce tool.
What are the benefits of e-Catalogue?
- Increased customer satisfaction
- More accurate orders
- Greater consistency
- Accuracy in purchasing processes
- Reduced internal administrative costs
- Reduced costs for associated data processing operations
- Customizable and configurable
- No hardware or software requirements
The B2BE e-catalogue product provides organisations and their respective users the ability to search and display product data, provide online ordering capabilities, facilitate catalogue data exchange between trading partners and provide punch-out functionality for companies who have customers who they need to support with this requirement. E-catalogues have numerous key features, in the comprehensive list below:
- Secure customizable access control: the B2Be e-catalogue has customizable access so you’re able to provide content based on the type of user visiting the catalogue and presents pricing and content for public users or specific content and pricing for account users via a login.
- Fully customizable design: B2Be offers a customizable design that allows the e-catalogue to emulate the same look and feel like your website to provide a seamless user experience for your clients.
- Easy content management and maintenance: Product information such as images, pricing and technical specifications can easily be managed through secure accounts so you have full control over updates ensuring content remains relevant and accurate.
- Attribute management: The B2BE e-catalogue product enables you to design the way in which you wish to set up and manage products based on key attributes. That is, you can build a logical and uniform way in which products can be categorized regardless of the actual data managed in the background and extracted from your ERP environment so it is logical when users search for your products.
- Online payment system: The e-catalogue solution also provides online payment facility to both your customer accounts and the public using a secure payment gateway. The B2BE e-catalogue can also be linked to your own bank’s payment gateway to provide seamless transactions using your current banking systems.
- Punch Out capability: As your customers become more technically capable they may no longer wish to maintain your products within their system. The B2BE e-Catalogue supports punch-out functionality, (both OBI or OCI standards) the B2BE e-catalogue allows your clients to punch-out from their system, browse your catalogue, select products through the online ordering system. The B2BE e-catalogue will also support the automation of reverse purchase orders.
The product provides organizations and their respective users the ability to search and display product data, provide online ordering capabilities, facilitate catalogue data exchange between trading partners and provide punch-out functionality for companies who need to support with this requirement. Electronic catalogues are digital publications that present products with the purpose of helping them sell.
Using catalogue management to ensure the quality of product data and its configurability to the buyers required format, this is a dynamic process that can enable suppliers to quickly broadcast product and price changes and introduce new items. E-catalogue management is the process of supplier enabling electronic product content to be made available to buying organisations in order for them to procure goods electronically. The product content can be hosted by either the supplier or the buyer.
Do you need to provide catalogue content to clients through punch-out? B2Be can help you with any of your e-catalogue needs, contact our sales team today via the contact form on the B2BE website or through LinkedIn.