Due to the size and growth experienced across its network, CourierPost receives a large volume of customer enquiries which were manually handled, and they wanted to automate.
B2BE developed a solution to enable Courier Post to set service levels, response management times, allow cross branch collaboration and measure KPI’s vastly helping to improve service levels.
CourierPost is New Zealand’s premier provider of Courier Services. Established in 1989 by New Zealand Post, CourierPost’s 550 couriers provide services to 180 cities and towns across New Zealand through 19 branches nationwide.
- Due to the size and growth experienced across its network, CourierPost receives a large volume of customer enquiries on a daily basis. A proportion of the incoming customer calls relate to lost items. In the past, CourierPost managed ‘Freight Investigations’ using manual systems made up of fax transmissions, emails and phone calls.
- The legacy system was uncoordinated, cumbersome and impossible to keep accurate track of. CourierPost prides itself on the delivery of first-class customer service and the legacy system was simply not supporting their goals in the area of customer service.
The Business Process Management Freight Investigations Application developed exclusively for CourierPost by B2BE (formerly known as The ECN Group in New Zealand) has revolutionised the process. The key features of the application are:
- The ability to set and agree to individual service levels with each client on the fly
- Management of each new investigation to conclusion within the agreed timeframe
- Real time automated collaboration across branches, stakeholders and functions
- Real time alerts and escalations of incidents that risk breaching service levels
- Powerful KPI reporting at a management and supervisor level
- Seamless integration with legacy systems.
- Paper has been eliminated from the process
- Service level guarantees are set and delivered
- Customer expectations are managed within a ‘best-practice’ service model
- Process efficiency has dramatically improved
- Re-work has been eliminated